11 Reasons Why You Should Hire a Birth Photographer
When you first heard about birth photography, you might have thought: "What...? Uhm...Ew...!" But when you look closely it's much more about the beautiful story of the day your baby was born, and much less about anything else. As stated beautifully on The Canadian Birth Photographers blog:
Your birth will be a day you will never forget. The fleeting expressions and the intense emotions, the many firsts and the heartfelt reactions of all those present, can be captured and weaved into a powerful story of the day you first met your child, the day you became a parent, the day your life changed forever; a story that will be priceless and timeless.
Birth photography here in our corner of the world is a relatively new concept, but is gaining huge popularity and even replacing the traditional newborn photos for many families. If you still need convincing, below you'll find 11 reasons why you need to hire a birth photographer.
1. BIRTH IS BEAUTIFUL
2. THESE MOMENTS ARE LIFE CHANGING
3. YOU CANNOT RELIVE OR RECREATE THIS DAY, LIKE YOU CAN FAMILY PORTRAITS
4. YOU WANT YOUR PARTNER TO HOLD YOUR HAND, NOT A CAMERA
5. A PROFESSIONAL BIRTH PHOTOGRAPHER NEVER TAKES UN-TASTEFUL IMAGES
6. A PROFESSIONAL BIRTH PHOTOGRAPHER WILL BE NON-OBTRUSIVE
7. TO DOCUMENT MEETING YOUR BABY FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME AND THE FIRST MAGICAL MOMENTS TOGETHER
8. TO CAPTURE THE DETAILS YOU MISS- MEASUREMENTS, MOMENTS OF DAD AND BABY, NURSES ETC.
9. BABIES CHANGE SO VERY QUICKLY
10. YOU MIGHT REGRET NOT HAVING THESE PHOTOS – BUT YOU'LL NEVER REGRET HAVING THEM
11. ONE EXTRA PERSON TO RUN ERRANDS – TO FETCH A WASHCLOTH FOR, OR RUN OUT TO GET YOUR FAVORITE TAKE-OUT AFTER ALL IS SAID AND DONE
I am deeply passionate about capturing these special moments for families. It's a beautiful journey, unique to each and every one. The love that I get to witness during birth story sessions touches my heart and is the core reason why I do what I do.
If you liked what you read, leave me a comment, share it with your friends, and do not hesitate to get in touch with me!